Thursday, January 19, 2012

Forever ( The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3) Review






Author:
Publish Date:
July 12th 2011 by Scholastic Press, Inc.
Pages: 386, Softcover ARC
Read & Reviewed By: Keri


The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater

The plot in this one continued on from where Linger ended. I won't go into details for those who haven't read the series. Let's just say that Sam and Grace's life has become much more complicated. We also get to read more about Cole and Isabel.  I liked the direction that it went in. It made sense, had just the right amount of thrill to fit the story and very realistic from the wolves' point of view. The author obviously made her research on wolf and pack behaviours.

Like the other books in the series, it encompasses a lot of different emotions - happiness, love, fear, anguish - it all paints a clear picture of what their lives are like. It was also the first book to have us walk through their wolf forms with them, which was really interesting and let us get a feel of their "other" selves and served to further substantiate the characters.

This was one amazing finale of the series. The ending couldn't have been more perfect. The last 50 pages or so were so intense.  Seriously, I cried like a baby for half an hour after I finished the book. There was a particular moment toward the end where my heart broke into thousand little pieces and tears flooded my eyes.  I was on the verge of a heart attack the entire time. That's how good it was. And the final chapter, OMGosh!

What I was really surprised about was how much I liked it better when Grace was the wolf and struggling to remain human, than when Sam was in the same situation. 

The trilogy as a whole is great. The take on werewolves is very unique and the story lines are interesting, so they've kept me very entertained and I would recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment